Followers

Friday 25 November 2016

Holly Wreath

Holly Wreath (3)

Hello all and happy Friday! It’s midway inspiration time for the current challenge over at the Polkadoodles Challenge Blog. As always it’s Anything Goes but we are sharing some Christmas but NOT a Card creations.

I have made a Christmas Holly Wreath:

Holly Wreath (2)

The idea for this came about because I was lucky enough to get my inky little paws on a Brother Scan and Cut machine and me and Mr 6 (who’s loves any gadget of any kind) were having a play to see what the machine could do.  And one of the things we did was fill an A4 page with a Holly Leaf from the Festive Christmas Download, print, scan it in and cut out all the leaves. I don’t think I would have attempted this if I’d had to fussy cut all those leaves!

Holly Wreath (4)

To assemble the wreath, I used two large circle dies to cut out two rings from Kraft card. I fixed these together with foam pads and then wrapped it with red paper raffia (which makes it look nice and tidy from the back as well). I then die cut about three of the Cherry Blossom Branch Dies from Kraft card, chopped them up and fixed to the wreath. Next step was gluing the leaves into pairs and once dry onto the wreath. The last step was to cover any little gaps with a mix of paper roses, flowers die cut (using the Cherry Blossom Branch Die set) from red and gold card with pearls for centres and a nice big bow.

Supplies:

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

  •  

Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to hop across to the Polkadoodles Challenge Blog to see more fabulous inspiration.

Lisa

9 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Wow, Lisa, just had to pop in and say this is utterly AWESOME!!! Totally blew me away! Have a good weekend! xxx

Scrappy Scatty said...

clever you this is a beauty xx

Simply Angelic Crafts said...

Love this wreath Lisa just beautiful xx

Unknown said...

This is stunning must have taken you ages, love it x

Bev said...

You must have so much patience Lisa. Its beautiful!

Karon said...

WOW - beautiful!

ELE said...

Wonderful Lisa!
Nice week-end,
creativEle

cotnob said...

Your wreath looks fabulous Lisa, a beautiful decoration. I would be quite happy cutting out the holly leaves by hand, I find it really relaxing.
Pauline
x

Aneta said...

It's fantastic! I like the idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...