Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Digi Bells Guest DT Entry

I had a sudden urge to craft yesterday evening (even more so than usual), so once my little one was in bed fast asleep I set to work and everything came together nicely. Sometimes no matter how hard you try things don't seem to work but all the elements seemed to sit well together and I was really pleased with the results. Only one thing I noticed today when I went to photograph the card was that the silicon glue has seeped through the image OMG!!! It's left a couple of dark patches but I didn't have time to redo the image (wish I could as it spoils it). I don't know why...not sure if it's something to do with ProMarkers and silicon glue not loving each other....any ideas anyone??

Items: Daisy Stamp by Elizabeth Bell for Sugar Nellie, White A5 textured card blank, Pink Bazzill card, Patterned papers from Stash, Memento Tuxedo black inkpad, Fancy Frame dies by Little Claire,white paper flowers coloured with ProMarkers, Brads, large crystals from Hobbycraft, ProMarkers

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:
MAWTT - Use ProMarkers. This week they have a fab prize of a set of ProMarkers sponsored by Letraset
Wild Orchid Challenge - Pastel colours. Another fab prize from Wild Orchid Crafts
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Spots and Stripes. This week they are sponsored by Jackie from the Crafty Garden and the prize is a Martha Stewart deep edge punch.

Thursday, 14 October 2010

Age Cards

I was just looking back through my pictures of cards I have made so far this year and remembered that I had made these back in January for a run of 'Special' birthdays among my friends and family, being special birthdays I wanted the age to be the prominent feature. My way of doing this is to print the mirror image of the number (created as word art on Microsoft Word) on the reverse of my card stock and then cut out, this way you won't get any printed lines showing on the front (although I do sometimes print on the front and then cut around leaving a white border which gives a nice effect) and then mat and layer each time carefully cutting the numbers out by hand.

 Items: Glitter self adhesive card from Hobbycraft, card used is Bazzill Bling and a matstack from DCWV, stamps from sets by Daisy & Dandelion, Personal Impressions and Inkandinkado, black striped vellum from stash, Sakura Metallic Pens, Stickles and brads and flowers from Papermania.

Monday, 4 October 2010

It's my first

...altered item. Thanks to the challenge over at the Stampman Challenge Blog I have attempted to alter something. I chose a glass jar (so if it went wrong I hadn't wasted any money!!) and have turned it into a modern Halloween lantern (not so messy as pumpkin and you don't get to use glitter on a pumpkin).

I made the mottled purple colour by layering tissue paper on purple glass paint and then giving a top coat of PVA glue mixed with purple glitter. Next I stamped a black jewelled flourish pattern all over with Stazon and glittered the little jewelled dots on the pattern with orange glitter. Lastly I added some ribbon and flowers and then the sparkly critters. I am pretty pleased with the result, although I wish I could have affixed the bats and spiders somehow else as the wire shows up too much for my liking.  Let me know what you think.

Items: Glass Jar, Purple Aqua glass paint, white tissue paper, PVA glue, Purple and Orange glitter (Craft Planet), Papermania Orange Ribbon, Wire, Halloween Accessories Digi image set from All That Scraps, Papermania Orange flowers, Jewell Flourish Stamp set from Inkadinkado, Black Stazon, Orange card

Sorry the photos aren't better quality but it was very difficult to capture the over all look when the candle was lit and the lights were out.

Sunday, 3 October 2010

I've started... Christmas cards, hurrah! The following card is an entry for both Sassy Cheryl's Challenge and Wild Orchid Challenge. For Sassy Cheryl's the criteria was your favourite Sassy Cheryl's image, now I have to admit I am new to their digi images so I looked through all the Christmas images and downloaded my first (and therefore far!), I'm glad I did as it was a dream to colour and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the result. For Wild Orchid the challenge was to use ribbons and bows so going with the colour tones in my backing paper I have used different shades and types of purple/lilac ribbon and used them led flat, tied in bows and tied in little knots.

Items: A5 White textured card blank, backing paper Dovecraft Christmas paper stack, Anita's silver Christmas vellum stack, ribbons from stash, lavender card from stash, Papermania white flowers (coloured with Promarkers and Perfect Pearls), Lavender Stickles, Woodware snowflake punch, Versa Magic lavender inkpad, greeting diecut from Daisy and Dandelion set (coloured with Versa Magic and dusted with perfect pearls, digi image 'Gift Bearer Snowman' from Sassy Cheryl's (coloured with Promarkers)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...