In the three weeks since Volume 1 launched we've had over 2300 readers. WOW! If you haven't had chance to look yet, you can read the first issue here. Another piece of fabulous news is that out Guest Designers Sharon and Carol are joining us on a permanent basis.
So onto the main point of my post. We are starting to think about and create more fantastic projects for Volume 2 of the Sarah Hurley Lookbook and Sarah has been asked a lot of questions about deadlines and information for submitting projects.
Sarah has put together the following information for you all should you be thinking about submitting:
“Your projects can be any type of craft project - a card, scrapbook page or altered piece, it must be made using Sarah Hurley products (you can see everything here). You can email us your submissions for consideration here - all submissions must be received by midnight on 4th November to be considered. We will email successful people within 14 days of this date to confirm details.
A few tips for your submission!
- Your projects look best photographed on a white or neutral background with little or no props and even lighting.
- It helps to have one or two close up shots of any special features or details.
- Your projects look best photographed straight on, not looking up or down or at an angle (you can use angles on your close up shots to show off details or 3D elements)
- When photographing scrapbook pages, you may find it easier to lay them on the floor (near a window is good!) and stand over them to take your picture
- Don't take your pictures in bright sunny daylight - mid morning or mid afternoon is usually the best I find
- Please make sure your projects are original and have not been featured on your blog or published anywhere else before
- You don't need to be a professional photographer, we just need a clear, well lit picture that shows off your project well - it can be the best project in the world but if your photo is dark and blurry no one will know!
- Don't worry about sending instructions or materials lists etc... at this stage - we will ask you for the information needed if you are selected.
We look forward to seeing your projects!
Thanks for stopping by
PS: Not to be missed…… On Friday Sarah will be running a fun promotion, just for one day only!