Afternoon all. Just trying to catch up with blogging. I’ve been making things left right and centre but haven’t got round to blogging them yet.
We went to a Naming Day Party on Sunday for our Friends baby Girl and rather than go with a traditional type gift I though I would make a little personal handcrafted gift. So I created this door plaque for Baby’s room:
The base is an MDF Door Plaque from Kaisercraft that I picked up during my little holiday to Blackpool. I found it in a lovely craft shop I discovered in Fleetwood called Crafty Company (a lovely big shop with a fantastic stamp selection, I could have browsed for hours but the rest of my family had other ideas!) I also bought the wooden letters there as well.
I painted the base with purple and then cream acrylic paint and then sanded back to distress slightly. The letters were done the same way but with pink and cream paint. I’ve also used a little Dusty Concord Distress Ink around all the edges.
The top section was then covered with patterned papers that came free from a magazine (don’t know the make though). To this I’ve added an image called Sweet Heart Birgitta from All That Scraps (coloured with ProMarkers), flowers, pearls and metal corner from Wild Orchid Crafts, Viva Pearl Decor Pen and some mesh ribbon, satin ribbon and pearl strands from my stash.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
- All That Scraps Challenge – Anything but a Card
- Clear it Out – The Gift Challenge (my stash is the mesh ribbon, papers and pearl sprays)
- Craft Your Passion – Fairies and Fantasy
- Flutterby Wednesdays – Any Winged Creatures
- I Love ProMarkers – Anything Goes
- Paper Play – Wooden It Be Nice (base and letters are wood)
- Fussy and Fancy – Anything Goes
- A Gem of A Challenge – Flowers and DT Call (2nd entry)
- One Stop Craft Challenge – Anything Goes
- Totally Gorjuss – Bling It On
- Little Claire Monthly Challenge – New Arrivals (this is a gift for a baby, please delete if it doesn’t count)
- Ladybugs TLT Challenge – I Need a ‘P’ Pearls, Pink and Pixie)
Thanks for stopping by