It seems like ages since I blogged, but it’s only been a week. I’m slowly catching up with everything. Being poorly really knocked me for six, I got behind with everything, crafting, cooking, cleaning, blogging, etc. So I need to get back into my routine.
Anyhoo enough waffle it’s time for a new challenge over at Paper Crafting Journey and this time are theme is:
Ahhh, I don’t do Vintage! Oh well I guess it’s supposed to be a challenge, so here is my take on it…
To me vintage is about pretty things, all lace, pearls and gilt and very very girly. It’s how I remember my Nan’s bedroom and dressing table looking when I was a little girl. So that’s the idea I went with, but I’m not it’s vintage. Shabby chic maybe? Or just plain girly?…oh well!
We are sponsored this challenge by the Wonderful Elizabeth Bell (who kindly stepped in at the last minute) and we got to use one of her wonderful images. I chose ‘A Tasty Read’ and it was a dream to colour (with my ProMarkers and FlexMarkers), I’ve also used some fabulous papers from the Authentique Freebird Blush & Delight 6x6 pad, some lace, some Washi tape, some pearls and gems, some small lace flowers, a flourish die, a border die, a brad, a rub-on, some bubble stickers and some fabric.
Hope you will join us for this challenge and don’t forget to pop over to the challenge blog and see what the rest of the DT have made (links in sidebar).
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Passion for ProMarkers – Cut it out
- My Time to Craft – Gardening Gems
- Ladybug Crafts Challenge – Birthdays
- Oldie but a Goodie – In the Garden (my border die and swirl die are my old stash and have been gathering dust for well over 6 months)
- Card Makin Mamas – Make it Girly
- The Stamp Man - Shabby Chic
- Elizabeth Bells World Challenge – Spring is in the Air
- My Mums Craft Shop – The Great Outdoors
- Simon Says Stamp – Anything Goes
- MAWTT – Garden or Flowers
Thanks for stopping by