Just a quick little post to share a card I’ve made for this weeks LIM challenge where Chrissie and Mandi what to see us use Silhouettes.
I really wanted to have a go at this as I wanted to try out making a snowy background using watercolour with salt salt dropped onto it but thought I was going to have to give it a miss when I couldn’t find a Silhouette stamp anywhere in my stash. Then I thought about one of my favourite Christmas stamps from Inkadinkado and wondered if I could cheat and colour it in so it looks like a Silhouette…..I think it works…do you?
I couldn’t get a decent photo of this card today ( this was the best of a bad bunch) so the background doesn’t really show, but IRL it looks very good, the salt soaks up some of the colour and when dry and brushed away it also leave a slight bumpy texture where the colour has pooled around it. I will definitely be using this again for more Christmas cards as it was quick and really easy to do.
I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Allsorts – One Layer Card
- Oldie But A Goodie – Let It Snow
- Ladybug Crafts Ink – Winter Blues
- Divas By Design – Monochromatic
- Moving Along With The Times – Ribbons & Bows
- One Stop Craft Challenge – Colour Challenge (Blue)
- CES Challenge Blog – Snowflakes
- Paper Sundaes – Beautiful Bows (hiding behind the snowflake)
- Fashionable Stamping – I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas
- Southern Girls Challenge – Embellishment Bingo (Glitter, Ribbon, Embossing)
Thanks for stopping by.