Followers

Friday 3 June 2011

Exploding Box Card

I've been admiring the exploding box cards on Melly's blog for quite a while now.  So as it's my Sister's Birthday tomorrow I thought I would have a go at making one myself.  Not being one for instructions I set fourth with my trimmer, scoreboard, and stash and here's what I've come up with...I've left the centre clear for me to write my greeting.





I've used a lot of die cuts to layer up the insides and handmade some Fimo flower embellishments. The stamp is one of the first Little Claire stamps I bought and has been a little bit neglected of late.

Item's: all card from stash, Cherry Patterned Paper - a freebie from Bearly Mine Designs, other patterned paper was free from a craft mag, Fimo, Papermania Flower punches, Roses and Pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts, Fiskars Border Punch, Lace from local sewing shop, Nellie Dies, Nesties, circle punch from Woodware, Sentiment stamp from Pink Gem, Teddy Stamp from Little Claire, Memento Cocoa Brown, ProMarkers and Sakura Metallic Gelly Roll Pens.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Oldie But A Goodie - Lot's of layers
Little Claire - Shaped Cards
Bearly Mine Challenges - Die Cuts and Lace
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Flower Power
Ladybug Crafts Ink - Make your own Embellishments
Divas by Design - Florals
I Love ProMarkers - Sparkly Bling
Crafty Sentiments - Neutral Colours
Dream Valley - Stamp Something
Paper Sundaes - Vintage or Shabby Chic

16 comments:

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Really adorable, it doesn't even look like it is made out of paper! Anyone would love to receive that :)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation! Love the teddies they are fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments, good luck!
Hugs shell xx

Tine said...

Hi Lisa. Great box and such pretty lace too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Doreen said...

This is a gorgeous project.Thanks for sharing with us at Bearly Mine.xxx

Jacq said...

Hi Lisa,
Beautiful creation!!! Love the images you've used, the dp's, the colour scheme is gorgeous. Love the layout and the embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Divas By Design and Good Luck.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

Kendra said...

I love exploding boxes! Great job with this one! Thanks for playing at Dream Valley!

Alica said...

So cool! Love it! The fimo flower looks fabulous too!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Hugs,
Alica ;)

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine ……..
Hugs Judith

Wishcraft said...

Oh wow! This is just such an amazing creation - and you've reminded me that it's a very long time since I used that cute bear too. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire :o) Lisa x

XxJULESxX said...

wow gorgeous!!!!! love your blog!

My name is Wynneth said...

Great project and I love your Fimo flowers. Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a great wee box. Thanks for playing on Crafty Sentiments this week. Hazelxox

Heike said...

This is such a gorgeous project.

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire. x

Helen said...

Great card - not something I've ever tried but I always think they look really impressive!

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire Designs.

Helen x

Christine said...

What a wonderful explosion box! Love your fimo flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes!

Louise said...

Well done, this is such a great project :) I love that bear, it's so cute!
Thank you for joining us at Little Claire's this week xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...