Followers

Thursday 28 July 2011

Less is More – Week 25 take two

Now I’m going to set you a little test with my second try for this weeks LIM challenge….something is wrong with my card, can you spot what? I’ll tell you at the bottom of this post. I must admit I am really annoyed with myself as I really like the way the card turned out.

IMG_4551

I’ve stuck with the same patterned paper as my first try. This time I’ve paper pieced the butterfly and raised the edge of the wings up using foam pads (but I don’t think this shows in the pic). I masked and stamped the other two butterflies and coloured them with an Ivory ProMarker and a white gel pen to give them a little bit of definition. Added the ribbon and a sentiment.

Items: Pale grey card from Papermill Direct, First Edition ‘Summer Breeze’ patterned paper, ProMarkers, white gel pen, corner punch, Memento Sweet Plum inkpad, Hero Arts Cling Stamps Butterflies and ribbon from stash.

Did you spot the big boo boo? I stamped the sentiment onto the ribbon and it looked great, but by the time I came back to take a pic the ink had faded and seeped into the ribbon. IRL you can still read it but it doesn’t stand out….oops.

8 comments:

Maureen said...

Gorgeous card well done. You can view my card here
Maureen..........x

Jenni's Jems said...

Another elegant card love this style !x

Unknown said...

I didn't notice! I was looking for my trick of sticking paper on upside down... lol!

Oh speaking of Papermill Direct - are they any good? Was thinking of getting some cardstock from the website but wasn't sure...

Lisa x

Chrissie said...

This is really lovely Lisa, another great card.
Thanks again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Maribel said...

Is very beautiful, and alegant.Regards

Kathyk said...

Simply lovely

Kathyk

Michelle said...

An elegant and understated card - simply beautiful.

Michelle x

Aileen said...

Love the design and your butterflies. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...