Followers

Sunday 17 July 2011

Less is More – Week 24

What a funny old day it’s been weather wise today. Awoke this morning to pouring rain, but the good thing was it was 10am and the lovely hubby had let me have a lie in to make up for 6:15am yesterday morning. Later on we went out and we had glorious sunshine, we went to Mothercare as we are on the hunt for a smaller more ‘holiday packing the car friendly’ pushchair for our little boy but by the time we finished it was getting close to tea time (and we still hadn’t bought one) so we decided to have tea out and had a lovely meal in Frankie & Benny’s. When we left the restaurant it was really windy and was so cold walking back to the car. Surely this can’t be summer?

To top off my lovely day I did a spot of crafting when we got home.  This week the challenge at LIM Towers is to use Circles on your card and for once the idea that had been brewing in my head all day actually translated onto my card…

Flower Circle Card (1)

As well as the distressed circle flowers I wanted the layout to form a circle but thought that a whole circle would be too much so moved it so it was off the page……hope I’m not talking rubbish lol and that everyone can see what I mean. To get my sentiment to fit the circle I used a little trick that you can do with clear stamps which is to bend them on your acrylic block so they follow a curve rather than a straight line. This card is a bit different for me, but I like it…what do you think?

I have another idea for a card brewing (all this brain power is making me sleepy lol) so I might be back with another try tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by, any comments you leave are appreciated.

I’d also like to enter my card in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge of Anything goes.

Items: White 5x5 card blank, Forever Friends Patterned paper, Sentiment is from a cheap little set I’ve had years, can’t remember the make but more than likely it’s from Hobbycraft, Papermania Brads, VersaFine Onyx Black, Whispers Brush Markers.

18 comments:

Canne said...

I really like it!

Mandi said...

Striking card Lisa
Love the design and the flowers
Thank you
Diva LIM
"Less is more"

Fiona said...

Well done for such a novel idea, brilliant!

Chrissie said...

This is lovely Lisa, those flowers look super. It's a useful trick with the clear sentiments... but sometimes it's difficult to get them to adhere to the block in a straight line!
Hope you find an appropriate buggy... my daughter has bought about 4 different types for her two children.
Thanks so much for this entry.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

What a great idea - love the papers you've punched for your circles too

KAthyk

Ang C said...

A fab card

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is a really original card - love the way you've got the circle going off the page, and the little distressed circles are super. Here's mine!

Hope you manage to find a buggy!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Love your card, very origional and a great tip for the curved sentiment, thank you for sharing.

Marie

Debs M said...

great idea, lovely card x

Lisa Jane said...

what a fab idea.. i love the circle going off the page and those flowers are so pretty
Lisa x

Zoechaos said...

Super card love those flying circles. XOXO Zoe

Joyce across the Pond said...

I absolutely agree with you a whole circle would be too overwhelming....it's a great cards...unique.

GinaA said...

Great Idea to take the flowers over the edge of the card. They are really pretty.

Aileen said...

I like your flower circles and the whole design looks like a branch of blossom. x

Jenny said...

I love the off the edge design and how the sentiment curves with the flowers :)
Jenny x

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card,
Beryl x

Margaret said...

Super card Lisa
Margaret x

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, lovely card, the flowers are so sweet. Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...