Followers

Monday 18 July 2011

Craft Barn Alcohol Ink Challenge

I love looking at the Craft Barn Wishing Well posts, but don’t always any of the products to be able to enter the challenge. Well this week it was Alcohol Inks and I have some of those so I’ve had a play…

I was inspired by Andy Skinners technique as I’d never thought of using them in water and onto porous objects. So I gave it a try with a plain white tag, some flowers punched out of copy paper, some white card, some white textured paper and I even tried it on some ribbon and this is what I came up with:


Alcohol Ink Tag (2)Alcohol Ink Flower Card (1)

I wanted to stamp some lines but of all the background stamps I have I don’t have lines so I inked a strip of the corrugated card and used it as a stamp. A few extra bits were added, some liquid pearls, some twine, a button, some inking around the edges and some embossing powder and after a nice messy inky play I’m quite pleased with the results.

I’d also like to enter my card in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge of Anything goes.
Items: Alcohol Inks Cranberry, Espresso and Butterscotch, All other items from my stash: button, twine, flower punches, white card, brown corrugated card, ribbon, Perfect Medium inkpad, gold detail embossing powder, Whispers brush marker, sentiment from Little Claire and Ranger Liquid Pearls.

3 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh so pretty.I love the one using the corrugated card
isa x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! love the background soft colours. Thank you for entering our challenge. Hope you play again soon.
Isa

Von said...

Love how your tag has turned out :)
Von x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...