Followers

Thursday 14 April 2011

Sweet Stuff

Wow! I can't believe it's Thursday already, where is the week going? I've had family to stay so haven't been able to get crafty for a few days, but last night I managed to have a play. When I was rummaging through my stamp boxes I came across a lovely little Sugar Nellie stamp that I've had for quite a while but haven't actually inked up. Also a good excuse to have a go at the current challenge over on The Sugar Bowl where the theme is Green and Purple with this lovely sketch to follow:

Sometimes I feel a little restricted when I have a sketch to follow, it seems to quash my mojo somehow, but this was a great sketch to follow and I'm really pleased with my card:

Items: 6x6 white card blank, DP Pink Petticoat, Nellie's multi frame die, nestabilities, Papermania pearls, flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, Sentiment from Little Claire, ProMarkers, Liquid Pearls, purple and green card from stash, stardust stickles, Memento Tuxedo Black Inkpad and Versafine Imperial Purple Inkpad.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
The Sugar Bowl - Sketch and Purple & Green
My Mums Craft Shop Challenges - Anything Goes (also their very first challenge)
Simon Says Stamp - Card for a Child
Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Pearls
Ladybug Crafts Challenge - Celebration
Incy Wincy Designs  - Flower Frenzy
Papertake Weekly - Truly Dimensional

10 comments:

Kathryn said...

Ooo lovely card, I love how you have cut the background layers and how the little girl is sitting outside the frame, really effective! Thanks for joining in with us at Anything Goes K x

Kelly said...

I think you've done well with this sketch. I like your interpretation. Nice job with the colors, too.

Lisa Jane said...

LOve your interpretation of the sketch .. and your pretty image.
We have a celebration challenge at Ladybug crafts ink .. and a birthday is a cselebration lol
Lisa x

Tamara Morton said...

Wow gorgeous card, I love this older sugar nellies love how you have design your card Thank you for joining us at Anything goes
Hugs
Tamara

Kitty said...

Aww so pretty! Love the pretty background paper and how you have coloured it to match perfectly!

Thanks for joining in our challenge at MMCS :)

Kitty xx

Flutterby Trina said...

so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Incy Wincy Designs this week with our flower challenge! Good luck xx

cowboydutrem said...

Great card, love that you put the stripes at an angle instead of purely horizontal as in the sketch... Thanks for playing with us at LCI celebrate challenge!

Cathy said...

Cute card. Thank you for joining in the Papertake Weekly Challenge this time.
Cathy (GDT)

Anita said...

This is so cute and great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us in the LCI Challenge this week.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love sweet image.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenges.
luv
Debby

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...