Followers

Sunday, 12 February 2012

One Layer Stripes

The challenge Chrissie and Mandi have set us this week at LIM is One Layer Stripes. Unusual for me as I have managed to make a card already and not at the last minute like I normally do.

The stripes had the grey cells a bit stumped to start with but then I remembered a Hero Arts Set of Ribbon stamps I was given ages ago as Birthday Present. They are Wood Mounted and hidden away in a box so I tend to forget about them.

This was the first card I made. I started by stamping the sentiment and the flower image. Then I masked the circle and stamped the stripes. The mask was a bit thick so the edges of the stamping weren’t defined enough, so I added the faux stitching in black to match the sentiment but have decided both were to harsh in colour and I should have used a lighter brown colour. Me no like this card…

IMG_5581

This is the second attempt and although better than the first I’m still not happy with it. I masked the square and stamped the stripes. Again the mask was a bit thick, so I added the stitching which on it’s own looked odd but looked better when I added the second row. I then over stamped circle sentiment and embossed in white. It looked too busy with the stripes showing through so I coloured it black to match the faux stitching and it shows off the detail on the white embossing much better, but I’m still not liking it…

IMG_5576

So not happy with either card I had a another rummage in my bag of die offcuts that I keep for using as masks and I found a circle of corrugated card that I die cut and then never used. I have used corrugated card to stamp lines before but I had the idea to mask, ink and cover a circle with EP and use the corrugated circle inked with VersaMark to remove the EP. I then heated the remaining EP and it has left a lovely stripy effect that I’ve enhanced by rubbing a little Distress Ink Walnut Stain over the top.

IMG_5586

On top of this I stamped the Flower Flourish (Kanban) and sentiment (Kaisercraft) in Brilliance Graphite Black, heat setting to dry the ink on top of the Embossed panel. A few gems added and probably one of my favourite one layer cards I’ve ever made.

Thanks for stopping by

Lisa

 

10 comments:

  1. It looks as though the grey cells have been working overtime here Lisa... these are super.. I love how you are being critical with yourself and sharing your thoughts with us... I think this is really helpful for a lot of crafters reading this.
    All these are super but the last one is something else! Really worth the effort!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I loooove the last card. The colours are stunning. I think Chrissie has already said what I was going to say, but I would just say that you are too critical of your lovely work.
    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, I think the blue one is my favourite
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Lisa
    All three are FAB, I too love the last one
    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are too harsh on yourself but I have to agree that the last one is just super duper

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three really great crads but have to admit love the second one so striking x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use the ribbon stamp to make stripes and I think you're being over-critical of yourself, they look fine! The corrugated card idea was inspired though and looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards but i must admit to be drawn to the last one, such a super swirl. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are lovely...each one so different, but pretty! Think I favor the third one most, though...love the flourish and it's dark color against the blue and kraft..striking:)!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog I would love it if you would leave me a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...