Followers

Friday 24 February 2012

Less is More – Punches and Dies

I’m just going to make this weeks Less is More challenge by the skin of my teeth. It’s been a very busy, hectic, funny sort of week and as I type this I’m starting to feel a little shivery and below par, add that to the fact I’ve used half a box of Kleenex this afternoon wiping Little One’s nose and I think I may be coming down with something. Oh well, rather get it out the way now before my birthday in a couple of weeks.

I wanted to try using my plain circle dies to make something, rather than just die cut something and stick it on, so I thought what about a rainbow? Not too difficult really, just took a while lining up and running through my Cuttlebug.

IMG_5652

I remembered the colours as ‘Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain’ or ROYGBIV as Hubby likes to say!

I added the rainbow to a scalloped nestie diecut which I sponged using chalk and a cloud mask (cut freehand from copy paper). I’ve then added a sentiment banner (stamp free from a magazine) and used a small X-Cut square punch to cut the ends of the banner.

Thanks for stopping by and sorry I’ve not visited anyone this week, not having my laptop has been a real pain in the bum.

Lisa

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Love rainbows so I had to check your card out from the thumbnail:0)
Fabulous card , great CAS design.
Jenny x

Karen Petitt said...

Love rainbows and love your take on this challenge - it's a wonderful way to use your dies hugs Karen x

Chrissie said...

Looks fab Lisa!
Sorry I'm a little late getting to see your card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lisa Jane said...

oh its a brilliant way of using the circle die cuts .. will remember that!
Lisa x

Krafty Hugzz Kenzi x said...

Gorge card hun, send me ur address and I will post u a birthday card hun, my email is kraftyhugzz@live.Co.UK
Hugz
Kenz :-) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...