Followers

Thursday 19 January 2012

PCJ – Floral Challenge

IMG_5447

Morning all. An early one for me as I have got a day of painting fences ahead of me (I’m helping my parents do some things in their garden). So I’m hoping the weather won’t be as chilly as it has been over the last few days. It’s very difficult trying to paint wearing so many layers of clothes and yesterday my feet were so cold I wore extra socks and that made my Welly boots a little too tight…I’m rambling…again..lol.

It’s time for the first PCJ challenge of 2012 and we also welcome on board our new DT members Christy, Jessie, Kenzie, Lou and Renee. The theme for this challenge is:

FLORAL

IMG_5447

In my stash busting efforts I have used some more papers from my stash, this time they’re Sugar and Spice from Dovecraft, I teamed this with some craft card and the first ever Little Claire stamp set I bought (several years ago now) called 'Floral Set'. I have coloured the flowers with ProMarkers and layered them up to give a little depth. Also you can see a little bit of stitching showing on the patchwork background. This was done using my Christmas present from my parents and I so need to practice. I was never any good stitching fabric, what on earth made me think I could stitch card any better I’ll never know. I’ve also used a couple of dies from Dies to Die For (CC Design 5 Petal Flower and DieNamics Border Die) and of course some Stickles.

Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to pop over to Paper Crafting Journey and see what wonderful prizes we have on offer from this months sponsors Sketching Stamper and Nicecrane Designs and also check out what the rest of the team have done.

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Bye for now

Lisa

Ps: I’ll be back later with my project for Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog and it isn’t a card!

14 comments:

Pauline said...

This is just beautiful! I love the background papers, and the sweet floral focal point.

l00pyscraftcreations said...

Thanks for the welcome hun, Well done!! on using your stash lol, using mine is my downfall, just cant do it lol, but love what you did, lolxx

PCJ said...

Well done on your stash busting! I love that stamp. I was wondering who it was by and now I know! :)

Hope your fence painting goes well - and quickly!

Lisa x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so pretty .. i love the frame around the image
Lisa x

Unknown said...

The craft card goes very well with the papers.Gorgeous card!
Good luck 'stash busting!'
hugs
Zahreen
xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Lisa, I was trying to contact you re MAWTT Guest DT Spot but cant find an email address. Can you contact me on hazze89510@aol.com ,
Love Hazelxox

Christy Beans said...

You forgot me! pout, pout Ok, well, we can blame it on the paint fumes and frozen feet. LOL Still a great card and I can't see a single thing wrong with your stitching! =) Crafty love, Christy

Tamara Morton said...

Such a beautiful creation! Thank you so much for joining us at Anything goes. Please join us again Tuesday 24th Jan we have something special in store..
Hugs
Tamara

Andy Llewelyn-Brinsley said...

Beautifully coloured cards, really unusual. I love this card, so feminine and pretty, thanks for joining us over at I ♥ ProMarkers this week, please come back again soon.
Andy
x

Unknown said...

Very pretty and elegant, love this. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful, love the way you have framed the pretty papers and flowers. Thanks for sharing at the Crafty Purple Frog.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Lisa, What a gorgeous card you have made. It’s perfect for our challenge. Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (The Crafty Purple Frog Design Team Member) xxx PS Thanks for applying to be on the Crafty Purple Frog Design Team. Amy will be in touch shortly with all those that applied

paper fun said...

Beautiful flowers. Love the color.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

Lesley said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet 'You Can Choose' challenge xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...