Followers

Monday 30 January 2012

Less is More – Sketch

It’s so cold here today. We’ve got a little fine snow but none of it is settling, thank goodness.  This isn’t a warm house, even with the heating on full blast. Little One and I are wearing layers and lot’s of them, which is ok for a bit of blogging, but I feel strange trying to do the house work in so many layers of clothes.

Anyhoo, enough waffle. This week at LIM Chrissie and Mandi have set a sketch challenge. We have to keep it as is, so no rotating or moving the sentiment.

I made this card on Saturday but I have been trying to get a decent picture. So here we go

IMG_5558

I masked with sticky notes, inked the background with green VersaMagic and then with the masks still in place stamped the butterfly background in Memento London Fog. After removing the masks I stamped the flowers (from Kanban) using Memento Pine Green onto copy paper to remove some of the ink and then onto the card. I then stamped the flowers again straight onto the card. Using the individual flowers I over stamped in Memento Rose bud and embossed with clear EP. Finally a sentiment from a Sheena Douglas set and a bit of bling on the flowers.

For once a LIM card that I am really happy with and it’s a one layer. I like this sketch and have a few more ideas so I might have a play when Little One has his afternoon nap so I make be back to share another later.

Thanks for stopping by

Lisa

9 comments:

Mandi said...

Such a pretty card Lisa
Love the swirl


Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Love the color combination! Beautiful card!

Lisa Jane said...

you should be happy with it - its wonderful... i love the swirl and flowers
Lisa x

Maureen said...

This is lovely, so delicate, well done.
You can view my card here.

Maureen……………x

Chrissie said...

Fancy doing a One Layer card when it isn't even One Layer Week... a true CAS convert!
Simply lovely!
Thanks so much Lisa.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

Love the colours and it makes such a pretty card. Great images.

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

So pretty

Ali x

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous work, Jo x

Karen Petitt said...

Another lovely card. The use of colour and the stamp placement are perfect hugs Karen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...