Followers

Sunday 12 June 2011

Less is More – Week 19 take two

Back again with my second attempt for the challenge at LIM Towers:

IMG_4314

To start I cut a mask from copy paper (using my Cuttlebug and Nesties) and stamped with the script stamp and embossed with gold embossing powder. The areas of script were coloured with distress ink and the centre square was also embossed with clear sparkle embossing powder.  Lastly I triple embossed a metal heart and whilst the EP was hot stamped onto with the script stamp inked with perfected medium and attached to the centre square.

I love this card and it’s my husbands favourite of the two cards (see here for other LIM entry) but it may not have quite enough white space for Lady LIM and Diva LIM…we’ll see Winking smile!

Items: Cream 5x5 card blank, Cuttlebug, Nesties, VersaColor Gold inkpad, Gold detail embossing powder, Prima Script Stamp, Antique Linen Distress inkpad, clear sparkle embossing powder, Perfect Medium inkpad and Metal Heart from Hobbycraft.

12 comments:

Susan said...

Very Pretty!!! LOVE that square set at an angle!
My Card

Linda said...

I love the "implication" of layers! Love the colors and your layout!

Erica said...

I like your card too, however, I'll bet it would have been just as lovely sans the script BG. The divas have final say...thank goodness.

Chrissie said...

I agree with your husband... it's a fab card, but I also have to say that you knew what WE would say about White space... not quite enough for our challenge really.... but it does look good!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

It IS a fab card and I too love the faux layered effect

Kathyk

Stef H said...

hi lisa..... thank you so much for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment.

this card is absolutely gorgeous - and so is the one in the previous post. you definitely rock CAS!

hugs, stef (Glitterbabe)

do check me out, my store and
Glitterbabe@Stitchy Bear

Carol said...

A great card, love the illusion of layers. Carol x

Lisa Jane said...

Another fab card .. love that script .
Lisa x

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love the masking, really nice, good luck with your challenge :)

Mandi said...

You know us too well LOL
FAB card though
Super heart in the centre
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Mrs.B said...

Love this card, I like the heart on the script at that angle.
Avril

Wishcraft said...

LIM or not, it's a gorgeous card! Such a great design :o)

I'm afraid I'm probably not much help re local craft shops - I only really use one that's close to me, called Busy Bees Crafts. Great shop and she stocks some lovely stuff but it's not particularly big. If I can't get what I want there I tend to buy online. Lisa x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...